I wanted to take a few minutes to jot down all of the online ‘funnel methods’ I use in my own marketing efforts for my contracting business. At this point, this post is not complete, but putting it out here in public will bring me ‘reminders’ to finish it.
First a quick clarification on what a marketing funnel is…
What Is A Marketing Funnel?
The word funnel has become an extreme buzzword. Everyone wants a funnel. Funnels are amazing. But to most local business owners, a funnel is this mystical thing that some guru sets up and POOF business happens. I’ve you’ve ever looked into ClickFunnels, you certainly know what I mean. And if you’ve ever hired a funnel guru, you know that the POOF part doesn’t always happen.
A funnel seems far more complicated than it really is. Marketers and agencies that sell funnels won’t tell you this.
Essentially a marketing funnel is just a process for delivering intent-based ads, to a targeted audience, and then directing them to a page that motivates them to take an action. In the case of trades businesses that are usually ‘requesting
Part of ‘funneling’ can be ‘branding’ the targeted audience so that when you do show them intent-based ads; there is already an established connection which generally leads to more conversions.
There can also be a separate sales funnel which occurs below the marketing funnel or simultaneously with it. In other words, after a customer a lead has requested estimate the process of discovery, presentation, solution, closing, follow up will go on. This is the sales funnel. Marketing funnel efforts may also go on at this point. Past customers may get dropped into a new funnel.
Now that that part is out of the way; let’s go on.
– Call Call Call Funnel. This funnel is intending to place your ad right in front of search active searchers and direct them to call you. This funnel should only run during business hours.
– After Hours Lead Form Capture Funnel. When you’re office is closed, and no one is around to answer the phone… PPC traffic is largely worthless unless you have a page intended to capturing leads by a form submission.
– After Hours Lead Magnet Funnel. What I’ve found is that after hours searchers aren’t always looking to request an estimate. Rather they are searching for information, with the intent of contacting during business hours. With an After Hours Lead Magnet Funnel, you provide searchers with quality value-added material related to the services you offer in exchange for an email address (or phone number). Then use an email nurturing campaign to follow up with automatically during business hours.
### This is a working piece; to be continued.
Facebook Advertising Funnels For Contractors
- Perpetual Funnel
- Direct Response Funnel
- Lead Magnet Funnel (with email automation)
- Irresistible Offer Funnel (with email automation)
- Storm Damage Funnel
- Commercial Clients Email To FB Nurture (requires email campaign)
- Unique Project Funnel
- Lead Magnet Funnel