- Real food 101
- Soaking and sprouting grains, beans, legumes, seeds and nuts
- Lacto fermentation (sauerkraut & others)
- Kombucha and Jun
- Sourdough (1.5 hour class)
- Raw dairy – yogurt, whey, cream cheese, etc. (Additional fees applies for raw milk procurement.)
- Baking with nut flours and coconut flour (Advanced classes for grain-free desserts available as well)
- Soups 101 – Bone/Meat Broths
- Soups 102 – Soups and Stews
When scheduling, please alert us to any and all food allergies and intolerances. 🙂
Every class will include some form of take-home food. We operate on a sliding scale (pay what you are able), with a suggested range of $50 – $100 per hour/class. And, we offer assistance on a need-basis. When scheduling a class, we ask for a small deposit (generally via Paypal or credit card). The deposit is refundable if canceling seven days before the scheduled class. This is because some foods take a long time to prepare for class demonstration. Rachael prefers to offer classes in the afternoon, but is flexible. Classes take place at our home in Johnston.
If you do not already own them, we suggest picking up a copy of Nourishing Traditions and Wild Fermentation for further in-depth reading of the topics covered in these classes. When scheduling classes, Rachael will likely offer suggested readings from one or both of these books.
If you have any questions, or if there’s a topic that you are interested in, but is not listed, please let us know.
Contact Rachael via email for scheduling and class information at: